Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pay It Forward Stampin' Up! Style

I saw this on the Stampin' Up! webpage today and thought this was really neat. I am going to try to get at least a couple sets done. Would you like to make some? If you are please let me know. If you want to make them but don't have the supplies, come on over to my house and use mine.

I live in a rural part of Arizona, and work at a community hospital that services about 8-10 rural communities. We have alot of births at our Maternity Center and thought about doing a card charity project for the new moms. Many of these moms can't afford birth announcements to help celebrate the birth of their child or children (if multiple birth). I had spoken with the Nurse Manager of the Maternity Center about this and she thought it was a wonderful idea, stating that so many families can't afford such a thing.

I want to give birth announcements for the new moms in a gift set of 10 that they can mail out to friends and family. Instead of doing something for ourselves, lets do something for others and pay it forward. Share our love for our products and do something nice for someone else. So here's what I was thinking:

Make either TEN (10) ALL BOY or TEN (10) ALL GIRL birth announcements WITH Envelopes (SU! PRODUCTS ONLY - ENVELOPES CAN BE GENERIC) identical FULL Cards (5 ½” x 4 ¼”) and send them to me by the last day of February to be presented to the Nurse Manager and CEO of the hospital as a gift to new moms. I'd like to present these by March 14th.

Use at least 2 layers and make it pretty with a couple of SU! Embellishments. PLEASE MAKE THESE DEMO QUALITY! - YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOUR WORK! Make these mom's say "Wow! These were made for me?!?!?!"

Inside the cards, use standard wording (YOU CAN USE STAMPS OR MICROSOFT WORD FOR THIS):

Announcing the birth of our son/daughter (depending on whether you are making boy or girl cards)

Name:
Date:
Time:
Weight:
Length:

Parents:

You can attach to the back of cards the following:

Your Name
Your SU! Title
City and State that you are from

Bind the cards and envelopes together as a set using a 1 1/2" strip of our card stock wrapped around the middle of the bundle. and create a tag for the front of the strip stating: For the New Mom!

With your help, I'd like to present the Maternity Center with about 200 sets of Birth Announcements, 100 sets of boy announcements and 100 sets of girl announcements. When presented I would present a framed list with the Names and City and State of all Demos who made the presentation possible, as I wouldn't be able to pull this off without all of you fabulous ladies. Please help me make this possible for lots of moms :)

No comments: