Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Getting ready for Swaps

I am sorry for the lack of posts. Steven is cutting four teeth at once and he hasn't been sleeping well, which means I haven't gotten much sleep. The past two days when he has gone down for a nap so have I. I did find some time to complete a couple sets of cards for four swaps I am participating in. I love swaps! If you are unfamiliar with the term you make so many cards of one card, usually it is between 6-8. Then you send it to the host and they inturn exchange everyone's cards and you get that many cards back, all different. I get a lot of ideas and such by participating in them. Today I will post two of the cards I made for my swaps , as well as, two I received from a swap.
You probably recognize this card. I posted it a month or so ago using baja breeze and basic black. I decided to switch it up a bit and go with the much loved mixture of chocolate chip and pretty in pink. This card is for a Women's Birthday Swap.
This card is for a Children's Birthday Swap. It used the stamp set Greetings, Earthling. I thought about adding some glitter to the bellies of the aliens to add a little pizzazz, but didn't know if I would like it. What do you think?
One of the swaps I participate in is actually once a month for the 2011 year. Each month we are assigned three themes and we can make our cards whichever theme we want. January was thank you, St. Patricks's Day, or a birthday.

The first card was made by Deb Lippert. I so love the Upsy Daisy stamp set.

The last card for today was made by Anjanette Potter.

No comments: