Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Summer Mini Card Swap

A few weeks ago I joined about 50 other Stampin' Up Demonstrators in a Summer Mini Card Swap. Each demo was assigned a stamp set from the new Summer Mini Catalog and had to make 24 cards. Then a host exchanged all the cards for us and within the next couple days we recieve a package of all different cards back. I was assigned two spots, the Go, Graduate stamp set and Favorite Thoughts stamp set so I received 46 beautiful cards back. Here are the cards I made.I used many of the past in-colors that will actually become offical colors in the new Idea Book and Catalog; Pacific Point, Riding Hood Red, Wild Wabasi, and Tangerine Tango. The stamp sets are Flight of the Butterfly and Favorite Thoughts, and I used the butterfly and scallop edge punches. Marty helped me punch out all the butterflies... didn't he do a nice job?!
Here is my second card using the Go, Graduate stamp set. I used Real Red, Whisper White and Sahara Sand cardstock. A textured plate was used to make the dots on the Sahara Sand paper and I love the way the ribbon looks on this card. I colored the graduation robes using a blender pen with the ink on lid technique.

No comments: